DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- Data Collection System
- Cuvettes (6)
- Sensor Extension Cable
- Test Tubes (6)
- Graduated Cylinder, 10-mL
- 0.1 M Iron(III) Chloride, 10mL
- 0.1 M Copper(II) Chloride, 10mL
- 0.1 M Cobalt(II) Chloride, 10mL
- 0.1 M Nickel(II) Chloride, 10mL
- 0.1 M Sodium Chloride, 10mL
- Color Chart
- Wash Bottle with Deionized Water
- Gathered Equipment and Materials. Set up data collection system, linked it to the spectrometer, and turned on the computer.
- Cleaned test tubes and cuvettes. Added 10 mL of each solution to each test tube, the 6th of which received water. Filled each cuvette 2/3rds of the way with the solutions, and the 6th with water.
- Inserted each cuvette one at a time. Recorded absorbance of each solution, one at a time, saving each before moving on to the next. Linked to computer, and generated graph of absorption spectra for all solutions. Printed graph. Saved Data.
- Disposed of solutions in designated containers. Cleaned all test tubes and cuvettes, before returning all equipment to its point of origin.