DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- Gathered all equipment and materials. Inspected all equipment for damage or contamination.
- Set up Data Collection System, assembled GLX, pressure sensor, associated tubing, with stopper, and temperature sensor.
- Measured the volume of the Erlenmeyer flask, by filling it with water, then pouring the contents into the graduated cylinder. Dried flask.
- Wrapped the Erlenmeyer flask with the electrical tape.
- Covered with Stopper and associated tubing, then measured base atmospheric pressure.
- Filled 1500-mL beaker with 1125 mL of water, and placed beneath stand. Placed temperature sensor in water bath.
- Mounted the Erlenmeyer flask on the stand, ensuring that as much of it is immersed as possible within the bath.
- Turned on Hot Plate, and waited until the water bath reached a temperature of 80ºC.
- Measured 50.0 mL of Ethanol, and placed it in the Erlenmeyer flask.
- Waited for the Ethanol to boil, and the Ethanol gas to fill the flask.
- Removed flask from water bath, sealed flask, and placed on mesh pad.
- Measured the shift in pressure as the temperature decreased, stopped measurements once the temperature reached 30ºC, then repeated the process with Acetone in place of Ethanol, and a water bath of 60ºC.
- Disposed of solutions in designated containers. Cleaned all glassware, set them to dry in their designated areas, and returned all equipment to its point of origin.